Welcome to Conyers Cat Maine Coons!
>>> See "AVAILABLE" page for NEW KITTENS <<<
Babies due first or second week of April 2014.
See "Now Showing!" for news and photos of
Conyers Cat High Sea of Maine Alisa Photos and News!
Thank you for visiting the web home of Conyers Cat. Established in 2001, out program is dedicated to breeding healthy, socially well adjusted, and genetically sound Maine Coon cats. We use a number of methods to assure the health of our cats and kittens. These methods include ultrasound examination by a veterinary cardiologist for cardiac and renal disease, and using lines that are historically negative for cardiac disease. Additionally, all kittens are examined by a veterinarian prior to placement in their forever homes. Our Conyers cats are well socialized and are raised under foot and are treated as family members.
Our cattery is registered by the Cat Fancier's Association (CFA) and The International Cat Association (TICA). Our cats are shown in CFA and TICA cat shows which serves several purposes. The first is the independent judging of our cat's conformation, disposition, and general health. This ensures that we are holding to accepted standards of appearance and characteristics that define the breed. The second purpose in showing is to get the opinions of other breeders and fanciers and suggestions for our breeding program. This makes for an overall stronger cattery program. Third, it tells the breeder something of the individual cat's personality when challenged by all the sights, sounds and smells. Also, as a bonus, showing is fun!
I am an active member of several different feline organizations:
- Cotton States Cat Club: Established in 1938, Cotton States Cat Club, Inc. is affiliated with the Cat Fanciers Association, Inc. (CFA) and is the 2nd oldest CFA Cat Club in the United States producing consecutive annual shows. http://cottonstatescatclub.org/
- Member of the CFA Maine Coon Breed Council:
- The breed councils are comprised of individuals experienced in their chosen cat breed who serve as an advisory body on breed standards to the CFA Executive Board. For more information about CFA and the breed council, click on the CFA logo below.
- Maine Coon Breeders and Fanciers Association (MCBFA) Full breeder member
- To learn more about this wonderful organization established in 1968 to preserve, protect and promote the Maine Coon Cat, and to see the information on their web site click on the MCBFA logo below.
- Maine Street Cat Club Member
- This club in CFA show region 7 was established in 2008 to preserve the Maine Coon Cat, promote breeding practices that ensure the health and longevity of the breed while exemplifying type, and to promote the breed within CFA while educating the public on the joys of sharing their lives with a Maine Coon. http://www.mainestreetcatclub.com/